From The Ground UP
A 30 Hour Study of Applied Anatomy in Teaching Yoga - 2014
With Darcy Lyle and Holly Koenig
This program is for certified yoga teachers looking to have a better understanding of anatomy, its application to asana alignment, and tangible practice in “seeing” and assisting your students.
Dates: (Saturdays and Sundays) Jan 25 & 26, Feb 1 & 2, Feb 15 & 16
Schedule: Noon-4:30p.m. @ SHPY - Dormont
Cost: $550 on or before 12/15/2013. $600 12/16/2013 and after.
(Once accepted, participants may pay in full with cash, credit, or check. Or, participants may pay in 2 payments of $275, the first payment is due on 12/15/2013, the second payment is due on 1/15/2014. If you elect the payment plan, you may pay with cash or check ONLY.)
Additional Costs: purchase of required textbooks
- Anatomy Trains, Second Edition, by Thomas W. Myers
- Anatomy for Vinyasa Flow and Standing Poses, by Ray Long (This is the 1st of 4 books in a series. All 4 volumes are great, but to keep the cost lower, we will work out of just the 1st volume in this training.)
What You Get:
- 3 immersive weekends of study in anatomy and its application to asana alignment
- Verbal and hands on teaching methods for conveying the information to your students
- Instructor feedback & guidence
Application Process: You may apply to this program by downloading, printing and completing the application form.
Send completed application and materials to:
SOUTH HILLS POWER YOGA
Attn: Darcy Lyle
3045 West Liberty Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Mark the envelope “confidential”.
(If you choose to drop off your application at the studio it must be in a sealed envelope and marked “Applied Anatomy in Teaching Yoga - ATTN: Darcy Lyle”. Please hand directly to the person working the front desk.)
The application process is rolling. Applicants will be emailed as to their acceptance status. Those accepted into the program will be sent further payment instructions to complete the registration process.
TRAINING REFUND POLICY:
- All tuition payments become non-refundable on January 25th, 2014 and thereafter
- If South Hills Power Yoga cancels the teacher training, a full credit or refund will be issued.
- South Hills Power Yoga reserves the right to amend this policy at its sole discretion.
- No refund will be given for failure to attend or failure to complete the program.
By applying to/registering for the program, you agree to comply with these terms.